Thursday, August 27, 2009

Workin it!



Well more than a few weeks have gone by now and I see I still must finish the How to series I started! Welding Season in Wisconsin starts with the spring thaw, and ends with deep snow!
Let's see, since the first post on the subject of working your welding skills for yourself, I've amassed more than a few points I want to tell you about as I have encountered them. There are a lot of issues to consider from advertising, to safety, as well as the welding process itself. That's the fun part for me, and I hope that this blog can help it be fun for you too.
I envision a bunch of you independent minded folks, who might have a little too much time on your hands lately, might be puttin a few extra hours in the ol' man cave lately. You know, buffin the shine on that lawn mower. Thinking to yourself Where's the "sparks?" or "give me something to grind! uhra! Maybe you want to design and build that remote control gate opener you've always wanted, or a bike rack to keep the kid's bikes of the ol' drive way this next summer.
You are the audience I want to hear from if you can feel the call to build something! I am going to start the ball rolling by telling my story about a cart and how it expanded to 38 custom pedestals and more. Like how I will recycle some of the steel for a cool roll bar for my zero turn bobcat! Why? because I can and so can you! My endeavor is to find real grass roots folks who's passion is welding, for Fun and profit. Build your project, take some pictures, and share your story. I got the Idea from Handy Man Club of America, but I will not enroll you into some DVD of the month club!
If you've watched Monster Garage or Build it Bigger, or just would like to document your project for your memoirs tag this blog and join in the fun. Who knows what cool ideas are floating around out there? What cool things can we come up with? hmm...
The photos above are my latest project, a local company asked me to refurbish a dozen tables or carts as you can see. They came from a closed down factory out east. I was asked to make them 9" taller, and clean them up. One of the bigger ones was cut in half and made into three smaller carts.
Before and after as well as in between photos will follow in upcoming posts.
blog comments powered by Disqus