Monday, October 26, 2009

It's Your Business.

You may know by now my business is centered around my home based welding services. Welding is my passion. For 25 years I dreamed of my own welding business. This year I decided to make my dream a reality.
Many years ago I realized I would need undisputed provable skills and certifications to earn my little niche in the local market. So I studied, took advanced courses, practiced and applied what I learned to my work in the manufacturing field until I had the big chip on my shoulder.
The next thing I needed were the right tools. Little by little I acquired the basics, like grinders for finishing, drills, hammers, and chisels of all sizes...etc. Then one summer about a decade ago I bought a Lincoln Arc Welder with the intention of making it pay for itself in a couple of years. One of my first projects saved me $150.00 in parts cost when the transmission linkage broke on my vehicle. A few lawn mower repairs for neighbors who knew I had a welder paid back the initial investment by the 2nd summer. Flux core welding is ok,but next came the MIG kit so I could include stainless steel as a friend's butcher shop utilizes a lot of stainless in meat packing industry. I've worked many a project for my friend's business at pretty cheap prices to gain extra curricular projects like cattle gates, corral panels, a deer skinner, and other repairs as needed.
As my reputation grew, so did my connections. It seems everybody sooner or later needs someone to weld something for them, but what are their options? Take the broken pieces to a shop and hope not to get charged the standard $75.00/hr. labor fee? yea right! That fee is there for a reason, most likely the hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in equipment and overhead. Sometimes if you know someone who welds for a living you can get them to invest their time for a favor or a 12 pack and a $20.00 bill, but they will use the boss's electricity and wire under the table and that's just not right unless you have an agreement or permission to work after hours with the employer in advance. I've done that myself on larger projects that weren't related to work. I built my 7' X 12' wagon over 3 weekends this way, off the boss man's ol' time clock if you know what I mean. It can make you a few extra dollars on the side that you can then use to purchase your own equipment.
Of coarse I welded my own tables and benches out of re purposed steel, not much investment there. It's kind of funny how worth lees me tel objects can become something totally different when you become the master of metal. For instance an old metal security door turns into a nice bench top simply by removing the hardware and plugging the hole with a small circular patch welded in place and ground flush. My point is when you want to you can always find something to weld, who hasn't dreamed of creating a project that reflects your efforts and skill? My buddy built his stereo boom box into his toolbox and of coarse I had to build a bigger one into mine! I even had to build two extra cabinets onto my toolbox for the tower speakers, just so I could drown out his polka music when I wanted to hear rock'n'roll.
I'm going to share with you everything I can think of as I grow my business from a hobby to a legitimate income producing venture.
I'm going to take this moment to tell you about a free business resource that has helped me to find my way around network marketing, which is something I've been doing all along and didn't even think of it. Network marketing is Not the same as MLM (multi-Level marketing)! Networking is relationship building, not selling to friends and family! It is Not recruiting, or calling leads! It's about knowing someone who can help you when you have a specific question. someone you can trust, not because they are in your e-commerce company, but because they are part of a bigger organization looking to help you succeed in your own endeavors, no matter what they are. Mentoring For Free offers this link for Powerful Networking Secrets, http://LHW.powerfulnetworkingsecrets.com/?mad=40127. You really need this invaluable information, but I'm also going to give you a link for the Free e-book, Success in 10 Steps, so you can get a glimpse of the bigger picture of our proven duplicatible system. You can get it right now for free at http://LHW.successin10steps.com/?mad=38910 no strings attached.
No matter what your business might be, you can benefit, from Mentoring For Free!
Coming soon, more pictures of projects,more welding tips, and how to information, so ya'll come back now, y'hear?
blog comments powered by Disqus