Friday, August 27, 2010

A Little Cheese With that Whine?

Projects are beginning to pile up around here.

It seems the young bloods (my son & his buddies) left my shop in total chaos.

Metric wrenches are mixed with SAE, sockets and ratchets can not be found and naturally when you ask where they are the answer is always "I don't know".

I ask myself "What ever happened to organizing this place?" That was part of the deal when they began working on their trucks this spring and soon it will be winter! They worked on 5 vehicles from May through July and only one is still running but it now needs a new window for the driver side door!

Two of them were trucked out of here to a real mechanic's shop.

 One is behind my shop without wheels  and my ol' 84' F - 150 still has the topper on it, he's still gotta pull that off yet. Then it can go to the junkyard. Someone will find clean body panels! I told him pull 'em off & sell 'em on eBay or something to pay for his parts in the other one.  All he has to do is the work!

It would appear we have been swapping tools around here, I am missing a 25 foot, grounded extension cord. I wonder where these two 6 foot, 2 prong cords came from. I can't use my crane without them now! Pisses me off as much as the half empty socket bars!

I guess I'm just a bit insane to think if I give him another opportunity I would get a different result this time. A friend told me, kids are like vampires, they'll drink your blood dry, but wont eat the flesh from your bones!

Another friend said "Let go & let God handle it!" He said it with the official AA emphasis and a silent "quit yer bitchin' ." Hmm... sometimes I still struggle with that one, and I've been sober 13 years now. Today, if its gonna be its up to me.
blog comments powered by Disqus