Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Time Vs.Evolution?

Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Today We're All Lemurs

Try as I might I can't hang from trees by my tail, but apparently my ancestors could:
In what could prove to be a landmark discovery, a leading paleontologist said scientists have dug up the 47 million-year-old fossil of an ancient primate whose features suggest it could be the common ancestor of all later monkeys, apes and humans.

Anthropologists have long believed that humans evolved from ancient ape-like ancestors. Some 50 million years ago, two ape-like groups walked the Earth. One is known as the tarsidae, a precursor of the tarsier, a tiny, large-eyed creature that lives in Asia. Another group is known as the adapidae, a precursor of today's lemurs in Madagascar.

Based on previously limited fossil evidence, one big debate had been whether the tarsidae or adapidae group gave rise to monkeys, apes and humans. The latest discovery bolsters the less common position that our ancient ape-like ancestor was an adapid, the believed precursor of lemurs.


Color me skeptical.


I found this on Holycoast.com today and was reminded of something Kent Hovine said about the tail thing. This is not a quote or any thing close, but I hope this gets the jist of the subject.
Some believe that the tail served a purpose of an apendage similar to the tailed monkeys of today but his insight suggested that the purpose of the tail appendage is mearly to give an anchor point for the anal muscles, ie.. the ol' sphinter muscle. As the millions of years passed the monkeys no longer needed the tail so logically nature took the tail away. what garbage!
I must agree with Mr. Hovine on this one when he said that any evolutionist believing this folly and disagreeing with this more simple concept is wrong, and to prove the point he would pay to have the useless appendage removed!
After laughing till my sides hurt, I realized there might actually be the possibility of TLC documentary here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If you found any of this information helpful please contact me, or leave a comment pertaining to one of these posts.
Thank You in advance, Harvey O'hillbilly